Friday, May 15, 2009

My uninspired self

Finally having shrugged of years of inherent laziness I have decided to take the plunge into the sphere of blogging...Its a long overdue exercise folks! Bear with me...

To get things of the ground I thought I'd put in an introductory post about myself... I've never been one to talk much about myself (at least that's what i think :) )... well I am someone treading the road most travelled by, a career path much sought after...from premier institutes of repute. It would seem that I am a focussed career person and I am heading on the road to great professional achievements. But nothing could be farther from the truth....

My whole academic life has been a combination of a series of fortuitous occurrences and the spinelessness to try anything different..I probably owe a lot to a whole lot of people for the position I am in now...right from God for giving me a half decent brain and wonderful parents to the professors who conducted my GD/PI at IIMI. As such even today after being on a "dream" career path I am still absolutely clueless about where my life is headed..

Its not that I purposefully want to let astray all the good fortune that has come my way..its just that I have never had the slightest freaking idea of what i wanted to do...many a things have held my interest..right from mathematics to history to economics but i somehow haven't really found a career option in any of these....other than academic stuff i have devoted many an hour to following current affairs and international politics, engrossed myself with passion in the sport that i love.."football"and the habit that I am eternally grateful that I am addicted to.."reading". But these were always seperate from my career..my interests were always meant to provide a welcome break from the monotony of work.

Thus hear I am rambling on about the lack of inspiration in my life..why am I here...I really dont know...

6 comments:

  1. Dude, most of us are as clueless, maybe more. Welcome to the blogosphere. Hope you have a great run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa..t 1st comment on my blog n i dint notice till now..
    I knw sadaf...but im sure i wud be right up ther on top of t clueless list :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your 'uninspired life. Somewhere i can draw similarities between you and me, exception-you being much more knowledgeable & intelligent in terms of studies & your knowledge regarding current affairs, too. May be you are clueless but one thing is true-you have the experience & knowledge to get your hands on anything you want.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for those kind words. Hopefully I get my hands on what I want. But then arises the question..What do I want?? Therein lies the problem :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes. Yes. I get your point. From beginning to end. But that's the thing, with time you'll be landing where destiny wants you. Destiny,luck-does contribute in shaping too. I can just pass on my good wishes. Good Luck!


    Now, heading towards another post. Palestine one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks again..hopefully destiny has a good sense of direction :D

    ReplyDelete